How do I import reviews from a spreadsheet?
To import reviews using the free spreadsheet app Google Sheets:
- Open the link here
- Copy the file:
- Fill in the review data according to the instructions in the spreadsheet below
- Download it as CSV before import to Loox.
1. Click "File" > "Download" > "Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)".
- Upload the file in your "Import Reviews" tab:
Fill in the review data according to these instructions:Do not rename or remove any of the columns Including the column titles.
| Column Title
| product_handle (Required)
|| The handle is the last part of the product URL (after the last "/")
For example, for this product: store.com/products/blue-t-shirt the handle is blue-t-shirt
(Please make sure not to enter the product title or the full product URL)
| rating (Required)
|| Valid values are 1/2/3/4/5
Please use whole numbers only.
| author (Required)
|| The name of the customer
(The name will appear on the review exactly as inserted here)
| John D.
|| You can leave this column empty if you don’t have the customer’s email address
|| [email protected]
| body (Required)
|| The text of the review
|| Great shirt, I loved it!
| created_at (Required)
|| Must be in the following format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss UTC.
The date must appear as Year-Month-Day, other formats will not be accepted.
| 2020-01-09 08:45:00 UTC
|| A public URL for the review photo.
|| Marking "TRUE" will add a "Verified purchase" badge to the review.
Leaving the cell empty will not add the badge
If you don’t have a photo URL, you can create one by following these instructions:
1) Save the relevant images to your computer
2) Go to your Shopify settings - Files
3) Click "Upload files"
4)Choose one of the images and upload it
Copy its photo URL from the "URL" column once it has been uploaded
To import reviews using the downloaded CSV file, please follow these instructions:
- Download the Loox Import File Template
- Fill in the data of reviews you’d like to import acording to the instructions listed above
- Save the file in a .CSV UTF-8 supported file format (To save in UTF-8 click here):
- Upload the file in your "Import reviews" tab:
You will receive an import summary email which includes a drill-down of how many reviews were imported successfully and how many were not imported due to errors.
Attached to this email will be a CSV file which includes all of the errors that have stopped your reviews from uploading as expected.
To fix this errors click here