Review Request Email Timing
By default, Loox will send review request emails 14 days after the order fulfillment.
With review requests, timing is crucial. Send it too soon and create a frustrating experience for your customers. Wait too long and risk missing out on the initial excitement of a new product - the stuff spectacular reviews are made of.
When considering the timing for your emails, you should keep the following in mind:
- Your delivery and handling times.
- Your product experience.
- The amount of time you believe customers need to form an opinion on your products.
You can change your email timing under the Email Timing field on the "Review request email" section under
Settings - Collect reviews
You can set the timing between 1 to 70 days after:
- The customer's purchase.
- Fulfillment of a customer's order.
- Delivery of the package.
If you wish to send your emails within less than 1 day, feel free to contact our Support team at
, and we’d be more than happy to help!
Note: Loox will always send emails according to the customers' local "work hours" to maximize open rates.
Setting your email timing to "After Purchase" will schedule your emails X days after the
order has been created
(i.e., the customer completed their checkout and reached the order status page).
Note that this is the least accurate way to schedule your emails. This is because it does not consider the different times it takes to fulfill and deliver orders.
This option is recommended for brands that sell digital products or have same-day delivery for their products.
When setting your email timing to "After Fulfillment", Loox will only schedule emails after the
order has been fulfilled
. If an order is not fulfilled, Loox will not schedule a review request email for that order.
By default, Loox will schedule review request emails to be sent 14-days after fulfillment.
If you fulfill orders outside of Shopify (i.e., the order status is not updated to fulfilled), you should use one of the other options.
Note: Loox bundles review requests for products in the same order into one email as long as they were fulfilled together.
Loox enables you to time your review request emails based on the delivery of the products.
If your delivery times vary between individual orders, delivery-based timing will allow you always to reach your customers.
You can use delivery-based timing in one of two ways - using the Loox + AfterShip integration or using Shopify's
field on orders.
Using Shopify's Delivery Tracking:
Loox will schedule review requests according to the
field on each order.
You must make sure you are actively tracking your packages through Shopify. You can
learn how here
Shopify Shipping labels
will track packages from shipping companies like USPS, UPS, DHL Express, Canada Post, Sendle, and more.
Other 3rd-party Shopify package tracking apps will also update this field. This will allow you to track the delivery of other shipping companies not mentioned above.
Apps that support this reporting:
We suggest contacting your package tracking app and asking if they update the shipment_status field in Shopify.
Important: If the shipment_status is not tracked, Shopify will not send Loox the notification that the package has been delivered, and Loox will not send the email!
Follow these instructions to complete the integration:
- Go to the Integrations tab of your Loox settings.
- Copy your AfterShip webhook link from the "AfterShip" section:
- Go to AfterShip's notifications settings page.
- Click the 'Add webhook URL' button at the bottom of the page.
- Paste the link in the "Webhook URL" field.
- Check the "Delivered" status checkbox.
- Save your settings.
- In your Loox admin, verify your integration using the "Verify" button.
- Edit your "Email timing" to schedule emails by "Delivery" in your Loox settings:
- To enable the Loox + AfterShip integration, you need to have an AfterShip account that supports Webhooks.
- You can set up a Fallback Timing which will schedule a review request email in case the shipment_status was not updated through Shopify: