Importing Reviews From AliExpress
Loox enables you to easily import reviews from your AliExpress supplier's product pages into your own Shopify store.
In this article, we'll explain how to add the AliExpress importer button to your bookmark, the process of importing reviews from AliExpress, and how to troubleshoot potential errors that might occur when doing so.
IN THIS ARTICLE
If you need any assistance importing your reviews, please contact our support team and we'll be more than happy to help!
How to Add the AliExpress Importer to your Bookmarks Bar
To add the AliExpress importer button to your bookmarks bar, please follow these instructions:
- Access your Loox admin dashboard.
- Head over to the Import Reviews tab.
- Drag and drop the "Import to Loox" button into your bookmarks bar:
Some browsers keep the bookmarks bar hidden by default. If you cannot find your bookmarks bar, it might be hidden (it looks like a list of links underneath the URL text box).
If you are unable to see your bookmarks bar below the URL field (under the refresh button), here how to show it:
Chrome, Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge: Ctrl (on Mac: ⌘) + Shift + B
Firefox: Ctrl (on Mac: ⌘) + B
If you can't drag the bookmark to your bookmarks bar while using Microsoft Edge:
You can still add the Loox importer into your bookmarks by editing the existing bookmark you added and replacing the URL with the code that is copied from the button:
If you can't drag the bookmark to your bookmarks bar while using Chrome:
- Right-click the "Import to Loox" button.
- Click "Copy link address":
- Right-click the bookmarks bar.
- Click "Add Page...":
- Paste the link address to the "URL" field and click save:
How to Import Reviews from AliExpress
To import reviews from AliExpress, please follow these instructions:
- Drag the "Import to Loox" button to your bookmarks bar (as mentioned above).
- Go to the AliExpress product page you'd like to import reviews from.
- While on that page, click on the "Import to Loox" button that you've added to your bookmarks bar.
- Choose the product you'd like to import to, using the "Import to" drop-down menu or by searching for the product URL (not the product title).
- Define any desired filtering rules.
- Click "Preview & import".
After completing the import process you can head over to your product page and refresh it to see all imported reviews.
You can change this to display initials by changing the name format in your Loox settings:
What does the "Import variant information (Item types)" field do?
When importing reviews from AliExpress, Loox provides the option to import product variants information.
Please note that these variants correspond with the AliExpress product and might not match the variants that you use in your store.
Troubleshooting the AliExpress Importer
How many reviews can I import per product?
Loox scans the first 100 reviews on the AliExpress product page (20 on the Basic plan) that match the filters you set before clicking "Preview & Import".
You are able to import any number out of those reviews, to your Shopify product page.
I cannot pick a product
- Please make sure you are searching for the specific product's URL and not the title
- Your browser might have an extension which is interfering with the AliExpress importer. This extension might stop you from choosing the product you wish.
- To fix this, please open an incognito browser and try to import your reviews again.
- To open an incognito browser on chrome press Ctrl+Shift+N (on mac Cmnd+Shift+N).
- If you are still unable to choose a product, please try using a different browser.
No reviews matched your filter
If you are still unable to import reviews or need any further assistance, please contact our support team and we'd be more than happy to help!