Sending Review Requests with Omnisend
The Loox + Omnisend integration enables you to send branded emails to customers asking them to leave verified reviews on the product they purchased.
Omnisend's platform provides you with multiple customization options over how your review requests will look and behave. You can create automated workflows for full control over your customer communications.
The Loox + Omnisend integration is available on the Unlimited plan. Click here to upgrade your plan.
In this Article:
To learn more about sending follow-up emails using Omnisend's custom email flows and templates click here.
Activating the Omnisend integration
To collect verified reviews from customers through Omnisend, Loox must first be integrated with your Omnisend account.
You can do so by following these steps:
- Go to your Omnisend account settings at - https://app.omnisend.com/#/my-account/integrations/api-keys.
- Click on the "Create API key" button to create a new key, and copy it:
- Paste it in the "Omnisend Private API Key" field under "Omnisend" on your Loox Integrations settings page.
- Click “Test” to ensure the integration is successful.
Creating a Review Request flow within Omnisend
Once you have successfully integrated Omnisend and Loox, you will need to create a new automated workflow in your Omnisend account to send review request emails to customers. Loox will trigger this flow whenever an order is due to receive a review request email.
To create a new automation workflow, follow the steps below:
- Under the "Automation" tab, create a new automation workflow within Omnisend by clicking on the "New workflow" button:
- Click on "Create custom workflow" and name your new automated workflow. We recommend calling it "Loox Review Requests":
- Select the workflow’s trigger and choose "Metric" then select the "Loox - Time To Send Review Request" trigger from the drop-down list:
- If relevant, set up any filters you want to apply to the flow, and click "Update".
- Select the message method you would like to use to send your review requests. Omnisend supports the option to send both SMS and Emails:
To send SMS review requests, SMS messages must be included in your Omnisend subscription.
After you have selected the message method you would like to use, select your message's headers (Subject, Preheader, and Sender's name). Click on "Edit content" once you are finished to select your request's template:
- Once you have configured your email template/SMS content, click on "Start Workflow" to activate your new workflow:
- To start sending review requests through Omnisend, go into your Loox - Collect Reviews settings, and change your "Send via" email setting to "Omnisend":
Integrating Loox into your Omnisend email template
You can insert Loox’s parameters into any existing Omnisend email template to collect verified reviews from customers who receive the email.
The Loox Parameters are listed below:
|customer_id||The Shopify customer ID||414Z4YMGh|
|order_id||The Shopify ID of the order||4105623830562|
|country_code||The country code where the order was delivered||US|
|currency||The currency used at checkout||USD|
|product_id||The ID of the product purchased||The information available on the product purchased is listed below:|
- product_id - The Shopify ID of the product purchased by the customer.
- product_name - The name of the product, e.g. "T-Shirt".
- product_image_url - A URL address that fetches the product’s image.
- product_review_url - A URL address that redirects your customers to the review submission form associated with the product.
Creating a Loox Review Request email template in Omnisend:
After you have created your Omnisend automated workflow, you will need to choose the method used to send your review requests to your customers.
When choosing an Email as your method of choice, you will need to configure the email which will be sent to your customers to collect their reviews.
To create our recommended email template, follow the steps below:
Please note: Omnisend's platform only supports sending a link to review a single product at a time. Once the customer submits their review, they are prompted to review the other products they purchased.
- Inside your automated workflow's configuration page, choose the email you would like to configure, and click on "Edit content":
- Inside the email template editor window, remove all default content until it is empty:
- Once the editor is empty, you can begin creating a review request template. First, drag the image block to the top of the email template:
- Replace the default logo with your store's logo via the image block's settings, and adjust its spacing and padding based on your preferences:
- Next, add the Text block underneath the image block:
- Inside this block, add the text asking your customers to leave a review.
Click here to view some of our suggestions for your email's text, or use the text below:
- Next, add an HTML block to your email template:
- Inside the HTML block's settings, insert the following HTML code to insert the customer's purchased product's image, and name:
<p style="text-align: center"><img src="[[custom_event.product_image_url]]" width="250px"/></p> <p style="text-align: center"><a href="[[custom_event.product_review_url]]">[[custom_event.product_name]]</a></p>
Lastly, add a Button block underneath the newly added Text block:
Inside the Button block's settings, change the text to "Write a Review", and inside the URL field, add the following text - [[custom_event.product_review_url]]:
Your review helps us and the community that supports us, and it only takes a few seconds.
That's it! Your Loox Review Request email is done!
You can click on the "Finish editing" button to finish the process.
The email template you have just created would result in an email that looks like this:
Sending Review Requests via SMS
If you would like to send your review requests via SMS follow our instructions below:
Please note: Omnisend's SMS only supports sending a review link to a single product at a time. Once the customer submits their review, they are prompted to review the other products they purchased.
- Select SMS as your message method of choice in your automated workFlow:
- Inside the "Edit SMS" settings menu on the right side of the screen, add the text asking your customers to leave a review.
We would be grateful if you shared how things look and feel.Your review helps us and the community that supports us, and it only takes a few seconds.
- When asking your customers to leave a review, insert the parameter below to add the link to review the product:
That's it! Your Loox SMS Review Request is done!
You can click on the "Update" button to finish the process.
The SMS you have just created would result in a message that looks like this:
If you have any questions or run into any difficulties setting this up, feel free to contact our Support team at [email protected], and we’d be more than happy to help!