What Permissions Does Loox Ask for and Why
During installation, Loox requires a number of permissions in order to function as intended.
The permissions required are:
- View Shopify Account Data - Third-party apps require access to your store's Shopify URL, locale, and currency format.
- Edit Customers - According to Shopify's terms of service, third-party apps must report unsubscribing customers to the merchant's "Customers" list, syncing the information with all other marketing apps and services.
- Edit Marketing - Revenue generated for your store driven by Loox emails and widgets will be reflected on your Shopify Admin using Shopify's "Marketing Events".
- Edit Orders - Your store's order information, including - Customers' names, emails, order dates and products purchased, will be synced to Loox for scheduling review request emails (including Bonus Review Request emails sent to past customers).
- Edit Other Data - Using this data, Loox can automatically generate unique discount codes for your customers on your behalf.
- Edit Products - Using this data, Loox can sync your products' images and information when sending review request emails to your customers.
- Edit Your Online Store - Integrates Loox with your store's theme.
If you have more questions, contact our Support team. We're available 24/7 and happy to help!