Loox Referrals enables you to turn your happy customers into brand advocates!
Loox Referrals includes Three separate features; Post-Purchase Referrals, Post-Review Referrals, and On-site Referrals. All three are available within any of the Reviews & Referrals plans.
Post-Purchase Referrals prompt customers to share a discount with their friends after check out. Learn more.
Post-Review Referrals prompt customers to share a discount after submitting a positive (4-5 stars) review. Learn more.
On-Site Referrals prompt customers to share discounts with their friends through a visible sidebar widget. Learn More.
On your Dashboard, Loox displays metrics about your customers' engagement with referrals, as well as any revenue you were able to generate using referrals. This includes information on the Post-Purchase and Post-Review Referrals.
Like the other metrics on the Dashboard, you can filter the data according to: Last 30 days, Last 90 days, or All time.
- Shares: The number of unique referral links generated by your customers. Every time a customer shares a new referral link, it will count towards the number of shares.
- Store visits: The number of new people referred to your store through a shared link. Loox will count this for every new customer visiting your store through a shared link.
- Revenue: The total amount of revenue generated by referrals over the selected time frame. This includes new orders coming from referrals and advocates using the reward given in exchange for referring those orders.
The referrals performance information is also sent in the recurring Loox Metrics email:
Loox advocates on the Shopify Customers tab
Your Loox advocates can be displayed in the Shopify Customers tab.
We offer multiple filter options for your Customers tab, allowing you to view and track your Loox advocates within your Shopify account.
To sync your Loox On-site Referrals advocates with your Shopify Customer tab, enable the "Add on-site advocates to customers list" inside your Loox Admin - On-site Referrals settings page:
There are three filter options to allow you to view and track your Loox advocates within the customer tab in your Shopify account. The filter you choose will automatically be applied to your account.
The filter options offered are:
- Loox - Post-purchase Advocates - Showcases all advocates registered through the Loox Post-purchase Referral widget.
- Loox - On-site Advocates - Showcases all advocates registered through any of Loox's On-site Referral widgets.
- Loox - All Referral Advocates - Showcases all of your Loox advocates.
Loox runs various fraud protection measures to prevent customers from potentially abusing the referral discounts:
All 4 fraud protection methods can be turned on from the Loox Admin - Referrals settings page.
Prevent advocate self-rewards:
These are the details tracked for this measure:
- Email (including basic variations of the same email such as adding "+1")
- IP Address + User-Agent
- Shopify’s customer ID
An advocate will only receive their reward if the friend purchases directly through the link they shared and only once their friend's order is fulfilled.
Every customer that chooses to become an advocate agrees to the terms of service as detailed here:
30-second redeem delay:
Once an advocate has shared their discount link, this setting will initiate a 30-second delay on the discount code before it is usable by any customer, preventing any use of that code until the 30-second mark had passed.
Limit discounts to new customers only:
This setting will prevent advocates of your brand from using their own referral discounts on their purchase if any of the customer’s information matches the advocate's details listed below:
- IP Address
- User-Agent (device)
Note: If you cannot see a reward given to an advocate, please make sure the friend's order is above the minimum purchase amount and has been marked as fulfilled on Shopify.
Social media image
Loox supports the option to add a unique image to your store's referral links.
Once your customers will share their discount links on social media, their link's thumbnail will have their chosen image showcased on it:
You can change the Social media image inside your Settings - Referrals settings menu, under "Social media image":
Finding your Loox advocates on Shopify's Customers tab