In this article, we'll show the different ways you can interact with your reviews and how you can manage them.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to Approve or Hide a Review
We send you a review notification email when a new review is submitted on one of your products. The email subject will contain the review's star ratings, so you can easily filter emails by subject.
The email itself will include a preview of the review's text, photo/video (if there's one), rating, and the reviewer's details.
You can approve, hide, or reply to the reviewer and download the review image in its original resolution directly from the email on desktop and mobile.
You can change the email address you'd like to receive review notifications to based on your preferences. To do this, go to the Managing new reviews section on your Loox Admin - Collect reviews settings menu, and insert your desired email address:
Note: If you wish to send review notification emails to multiple addresses, you can use your email provider's auto-forwarding feature. For example, here's how to do so on Gmail.
To provide your store’s visitors with full transparency regarding how your customers value and rate their purchases, Loox auto-publishes all new reviews submitted to your store by default.
If you choose "Never", all reviews will need to be manually approved before being published on your store.
Through the Loox admin:
To approve a review from your Loox admin, go to the Reviews tab on your Loox dashboard, click the "Approve" button on the relevant review to publish to your store:
To hide a review, click the "Hide" button on the relevant review in your admin:
Note: Hiding a review will prevent it from appearing on your store's pages and does not count toward your product's average rating.
Bulk Hide/Approve reviews:
To hide or approve multiple reviews at once, follow the steps below:
- Filter the reviews you wish to hide/approve.
- Click on the "Bulk actions" drop-down, and select "Hide/Approve all reviews".
You can also search for a product/reviewer name/rating in the Reviews tab.
How to Download a Review's Photo
With Loox, you can easily access your reviews' UGC, allowing you to share them as you please.
To download a review's photo:
- Go to the Reviews tab on your Loox admin
- Scroll down or search for the review you wish to use
- Click the three dots on the top-right of the photo.
- Select "Download photo":
How to Hide a Review's Photo/Video
- In your Loox admin, go to the Reviews tab.
- Scroll or search for the review you wish to change.
- Click the 3 dots on the top right corner of the photo or video.
- Select "Hide photo/video":
The review will now appear without the photo/video on all Loox widgets and a small "Hidden" icon will appear:
To Approve the review follow steps 1-3 and select "Approve photo/video".
Replying to Reviews
Loox encourages interaction with your customers beyond submitting a review. One of the best ways to do so is by replying to a submitted review.
With “Featured reviews”, you can highlight selected reviews for each of your products.
Featured reviews will appear first on their product-specific Reviews widget.
To feature a review on its product's reviews widget, follow the steps below:
- Find the relevant review on your Loox Admin - Reviews Tab
- Click “More actions”
- Click “Tag as featured.”
Reviews tagged as "Featured" will display a tag above the reviewer's name:
To remove the “Featured” tag from a specific review, follow these steps:
- Find the relevant review on your Loox Admin Reviews Tab
- Click “More actions”
- Click “Remove featured tag”
Alternatively, you can click the “x” on the “Featured” tag that appears above the reviewer’s name.
- The order in which your "Featured" reviews will appear on the Reviews widget is set by the order they were tagged as featured.
- Featured reviews will only appear first when the product page widget’s sorting type is “Featured”.
- You can feature up to 10 reviews on each of your store's products.
There are additional actions you can take in regard to your reviews:
- Tag as featured / Remove featured tag: When marking a review as featured, the review will be presented on top of its product-specific reviews widget. You can read more about it here.
- Add / Removed verified badge: By default, Loox will display the "Verified purchase badge" for reviews submitted through a Loox review request email.
If you have verified reviews from previous sources that are not marked as such, you can manually add or remove the "Verified review" badge. You can read more about Loox's transparency badges here.
- Add / Remove from homepage carousel: Display or remove reviews from the homepage carousel. You can read more about it here.
- Change product: You can move a review to a different, active product on your store.
This is useful if a customer reviewed the wrong product, or you changed the product page and wish to move your reviews to the new page.
If you wish to move all of a product's reviews to a different product page in bulk, please contact our Support team.
- Delete review: Loox enables you to delete a review permanently. You can read more about it here.